A Writer and Producer crafts creative and winning message strategies, writes TV, digital, print, and radio ad copy, works with account executives, clients, editors, designers, field production teams, planners, and media buyers to ensure the messages achieve their objective, are of the highest quality, meet timelines, and stay within budget parameters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with account executives and/or clients to obtain understanding of objectives.
- Coordinate with mail planners and media buyers to determine timelines and target audiences are understood.
- Analyze environmental, audience, client information and apply to message plan.
- Write and design creative and well-crafted copy that meet clients’ needs.
- Provide creative direction on talent, imagery, graphics, music, voiceovers, and sound effects.
- Direct and organize field production teams, talent, and editors to establish timelines, budgets, and creative delivery.
- Ensure final approved work is free of mistakes and errors.
- Monitor production expenses.
- Make travel arrangements for yourself and crew.
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Strong creative writing skills.
- Good analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving ability.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think on feet and adapt to rapidly changing objectives.
- Deals with confidential information using discretion and judgment.
- College degree preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Willing to travel to produce and supervise shoots across the nation. From July through October, travel could be weekly. Most trips occur over 1 to 3 days.
- Willing to work evenings, nights, and weekends as needed. This will be frequent from August through October.